Tuesday, 2 April 2013

#4

I think sportsmanship is knowing that it is a game, that we are only as good as our opponents, and whether you win or lose, to always give 100 percent. - Sue Wicks

I mentioned in facebook that being a single mother to a boy is not difficult. ikhsan is not a difficult boy. alhamdulilah.

It is getting myself to understand the minds of a boy and his interests that is.

He asked me how to swim. i signed him up for a one-on-one swimming lesson.

Then, he wanted to play football. I Googled. Came across Fandi Ahmad Academy and signed him up straightaway. Sports can instill values in children and adults alike. And a little bit of sun is always good for children.

It has been a few terms with them. I do not know how much Ikhsan has progressed. All I know is he enjoys going for practices while I get burnt by the Sun.

So, instead of the usual FAA Junior League, H-Two-O had a Football Carnival at ITE AMK.




Fandi made his way down to grace the event and had to leave before the whole tournament ended.


 Ikhsan and his teammates got 1st Runner-Up this time around. Another one to add to his medal collection.


And that, is how I make single parenting easy. Hah! I outsourced what I cannot do and just hope that he learns and have fun as much as possible.

So, Ikhsan, I will stand by the sidelines and cheer you on. Get darker and burnt, but so long as you are still into this, I will sign up another term.

What harm can once a week of football fun do to the grades, aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment